It's only Tuesday and he's posting something new!
We talked to Amanda at the Tennessee CHI office today. The list of things she gave Wendy that we have to do because of this move make me feel like we are all but starting over. We basically have to do a whole new homestudy and, file a new I-600A again. We also have to re-do our medical screening, get background checks run again, make more copies of all of our documents, EVERYTHING! On a positive note, we won't have to get everything authenticated again. That will save a little time and expense.
The crazy thing is, this isn't China's requirement, it's the US's.
Here's soemthing to ponder.
The time limits on fingerprints and the I-600A are 15 months and 18 months respectively. Does everyone that filed around the same time we did realize that your documents may possibly expire before we get to go to China for our daughters? I was searching online this weekend and found a USCIS resolution from 2003 where the dates were extended out because of the SARS epidemic freezing adoptions. I emailed Ann at CHI and asked her if she thought they might do this again for waiting families and she said she wasn't sure. I'm sure a lot of families haven't budgeted in an additional $685 for new doc's... again, a US requirement, not a China requirement. Hopefully, someone at CIS will introduce the same resolution from 2003 and save a lot of you the expense.
I guess this is just my day to complain.
I called the Social Security Office this morning, to get a status on Andy's SS card. A little background... the hospital in Albany, GA where Andy was born told us that it would be about eight weeks to get his SS card. At 10 weeks, we hadn't received it so, we went to the SSA office in Albany. After sitting in line for an hour, we were informed that it wasn't even in the system, that sometimes, the hospital doesn't process the SSA applications for weeks. We had to go to the Vital Statistics office and get a certified birth certificate to speed up the process. We went and got the BC, I took Wendy home and went back to sit in that line for another hour. When I finally got to the window, the lady told me this would speed up the process. Then she told me that she had to take the same BC that I had just picked up and get it verified in the same office where I got it from.... another one week process, and that the card should be ready in about 10 days. Well, I called the office this morning and guess what.... nothing in the system yet! I left a voice mail for the lady that processed his paperwork but, she hasn't called me back yet. Maybe tomorrow.....
When I finally retire from the Navy, I think I will find me a cushy job in some beaurocratic office! Seems that there is no need to rush paperwork any more lol.
Well, to cheer you up after this depressing read..... Here's some new pictures of the handsome Andrew Wheeler with his grandparents and family :o)
At the airport meeting his Granny

Napping with Grandpa

Smiling at Grandma

Napping with Grandma

Aunt Cindy might have been boring....
Or he was getting ready to nap....

Hanging with Stephie

He nearly fit inside his Christmas stocking
We talked to Amanda at the Tennessee CHI office today. The list of things she gave Wendy that we have to do because of this move make me feel like we are all but starting over. We basically have to do a whole new homestudy and, file a new I-600A again. We also have to re-do our medical screening, get background checks run again, make more copies of all of our documents, EVERYTHING! On a positive note, we won't have to get everything authenticated again. That will save a little time and expense.
The crazy thing is, this isn't China's requirement, it's the US's.
Here's soemthing to ponder.
The time limits on fingerprints and the I-600A are 15 months and 18 months respectively. Does everyone that filed around the same time we did realize that your documents may possibly expire before we get to go to China for our daughters? I was searching online this weekend and found a USCIS resolution from 2003 where the dates were extended out because of the SARS epidemic freezing adoptions. I emailed Ann at CHI and asked her if she thought they might do this again for waiting families and she said she wasn't sure. I'm sure a lot of families haven't budgeted in an additional $685 for new doc's... again, a US requirement, not a China requirement. Hopefully, someone at CIS will introduce the same resolution from 2003 and save a lot of you the expense.
I guess this is just my day to complain.
I called the Social Security Office this morning, to get a status on Andy's SS card. A little background... the hospital in Albany, GA where Andy was born told us that it would be about eight weeks to get his SS card. At 10 weeks, we hadn't received it so, we went to the SSA office in Albany. After sitting in line for an hour, we were informed that it wasn't even in the system, that sometimes, the hospital doesn't process the SSA applications for weeks. We had to go to the Vital Statistics office and get a certified birth certificate to speed up the process. We went and got the BC, I took Wendy home and went back to sit in that line for another hour. When I finally got to the window, the lady told me this would speed up the process. Then she told me that she had to take the same BC that I had just picked up and get it verified in the same office where I got it from.... another one week process, and that the card should be ready in about 10 days. Well, I called the office this morning and guess what.... nothing in the system yet! I left a voice mail for the lady that processed his paperwork but, she hasn't called me back yet. Maybe tomorrow.....
When I finally retire from the Navy, I think I will find me a cushy job in some beaurocratic office! Seems that there is no need to rush paperwork any more lol.
Well, to cheer you up after this depressing read..... Here's some new pictures of the handsome Andrew Wheeler with his grandparents and family :o)
At the airport meeting his Granny

Napping with Grandpa

Smiling at Grandma

Napping with Grandma

Aunt Cindy might have been boring....
Or he was getting ready to nap....

Hanging with Stephie

He nearly fit inside his Christmas stocking










1 Comments:
There are some congresspeople working on getting the I-171 extended specifically because of the dramatic China slow-down. There is a new bill that is either being written or introduced or whatever but apparantly is a SLOW process.
And I know how you feel, Todd is deployed and was extended for an extra month and half - the US Consulate would not approve an extension or waiver on his prints that will expire 3/20 even though he has a top secret military clearance, serving in the Arabian Gulf and unable to appear in person to be printed. You have to go through a whole other process that I won't get into here. Fortunately we got our TA and we
won't have to worry about it.
The paper stuff IS a headache, that's for sure. But, it's worth it in the long run.
Post a Comment
<< Home