Our China Miracle

The Red Thread "An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." - An ancient Chinese belief.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Green Cove Springs, Florida, United States

Monday, February 20, 2006


Ok so it has been a while since I have posted last and Tom said it is time to put something else up here except his picture of him and Daisy. Soooooo, here are some pictures of what it looks like at the CCAA and ALLLLLLLL the dossiers that are in line for referral. I do not know the exact procedure in what they do. I do know that all the dossiers are color coded per agency.
Here is the link to the site with some explanation Angel Covers . Scroll to the bottom of the page to CCAA pictures.
I look at all of these pictures and can't help but feel a sense of awww. This is why it takes so long for adopting familes to receive there referral of their child. I wonder if our family members, and even friends, that have been able to have kids understand how we, as adoptive parents who have no children, really feel in the agonizing wait we have. For a mother who is pregnant, she at least has there baby right there with them. They get to watch them grow, feel them kick, watch the baby develop inside of her. They get to see all the firsts when that baby is born. For adoptive mothers like myself, (I have no bio children of my own) I have the worry, stress, frustration, saddness of wondering when we will get to see our daughter for the first time. I worry about whether someone is caring for her with a loving fashion as I will when we get her. I wonder if she is getting enough to eat. Is she warm enough during the winter? Is she protected from harm? And then this painful wait we have to endure wondering if CCAA will actually approve our paperwork. Even as we wait now, we are still not approved until the last minute. When the CCAA has our dossier in the "Review Room, Department 1", we still have a chance of them denying us, for whatever reason. Just last year, there was three families denied due to drug addiction in the past and cancer in remission for less than three years. So, there is still that worry that they will find "something" wrong with us. God, I hope not! I would be devastated.
All we can do is sit and wait it out. Keep the prayers coming that we will soon have our Emma Breeze.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Have you heard anything new regarding the JFK?

Hang in there with all you all have going. We're thinking about you!

fm

9:53 AM  
Blogger Tom, Wendy, and Andrew said...

No word yet on the JFK. Maybe in a couple of weeks still. We are keeping an eye on the news on all local stations.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I hear you on the waiting game. Some days are more frustrating than others. Our time is coming though.

Take care.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Funny Myspace pictures
Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!